There is no question that websites must keep up with technology in order to provide a good user experience and be found in search engines. Without question, the 2 most important technologies every website must have are, it must be mobile responsive (optimized for mobile devices) and HTML5 compliant. If your current website does not have both of these technologies then your first priority should be to redevelop your website. Moving forward, the disadvantages of not having these incorporated into your website will be hugely detrimental to your internet presence and your ability to market on the internet.
Mobile Responsive, or mobile web design, is pretty easy to understand. Your website must be designed to work with all mobile devices and tablets (IPad, Galaxy etc). The following statistics indicate that mobile device search for products and services is increasing and will continue to do so:
1. 45 percent of users between 18 and 29 use mobile search daily (Icebreaker Consulting)
2. 31 percent of mobile Internet users mostly go online using cell phones (Pew 2012)
3. Across all industries, mobile traffic is increasing by 3.5 percent per month (Televox)
4. 35 percent of smartphone owners expect to access the Internet using their phone more in the future (Televox)
5. The number of local searches on mobile devices quadrupled in 2012 (Local Search Association)
6. Of the estimated 30 billion annual mobile searches, about 12 billion are local searches (Search Engine Land)
7. Tablet users access search 73.9 percent of the time, more than any other activity (eMarketer)
10. Local mobile searches (85.9 billion) are projected to exceed desktop searches (84 billion) for the fist time in 2015 (eMarketer)
We monitor the statistics on the websites we developed and have found that mobile device use is increasing every month. It is imperative that your site have a mobile web design to keep up.
HTML5 is a little more difficult to explain. Basically HTML5 i is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web and a core technology of the Internet. It is the fifth revision of the HTML standard (created in 1990 and standardized as HTML 4 as of 1997. What you need to know is that HTML5 is the standard for which all websites will be developed for the next internet generation, it will allow all websites to be more functional and user friendly, it is mobile friendly, it will allow websites to do things that were previously impossible to do using HTML and, Google is giving HTML5 compliant websites priority in search results. IF only for the last reason your site should be HTML5 compliant.
AdFinity.biz excels in HTML5, mobile responsive websites. And as the information says, pricing for this necessary technology has never been more affordable. I would be glad to answer your questions about this, or any other, internet technology. Call us today, and schedule a no cost or obligation consultation at the place of your choosing. Find out what this technology means to you and h it can take your business to the next level.
AdFinity has been developing and marketing websites since 1995 and has offices in both Rockwall Texas and Jefferson Texas. Contact or If you’d like to talk, Call Me!